Grad School Student Loan Comparison Calculator
You require a wider screen to view the calculator
Expand your web browser or use a device with a wider screen.
Graduate students can use our calculator to compare different offers private student loan options as well as the Federal Direct Plus and Grad Plus loan options.
Coming soon: this calculator will be replaced with a different calculator that provides you with the ability to compare variable rate private student loan options.
Compare your student loan options
|Option||Interest||Term (Years)||Repayment Plan||Monthly Payment||Total Payments|
|In School||After School|
|Federal Grad Loans||10||Deferred||$0|
|Enter your first option to see more information|
Assumptions common to both calculations
- Assumes interest accrues in college
- Assumes interest accrues during grace period
- Assumes the student uses a 6 month grace period
- Accrued interest capitalizes upon entering repayment after college and grace period
Assumptions with the Federal Option Calculation
- Assumes first disbursement is after Oct 1st, 2019 and before September 30th, 2020
- 4.30% Interest Rate for the First $20,500
- 5.30% Interest Rate for anything above that
- 1.059% Origination Fee for the First $20,500
- 4.236% Origination Fee for anything above that
For the Private Loan Calculations
- Assumes interest rate as specified
- Assumes no origination fee
- Assumes no application fee
We do not guarantee the calculator's accuracy or applicability to your circumstances, and we encourage you to consult a qualified professional for assistance in analyzing your overall financial situation.